zondag 19 september 2010

Miek Zwamborn Wunderschrank - Opening

Although I was very convinced of the inspiring and beautiful Schrank exhibition Miek made, I must admit I was a bit nervous how the switch from graphic design cabinets to this inspirational cabinet would be picked up. I was happy to see a full house again, people were enthusiastic and I feel that Schrank has grown with this exhibition.
This cabinet is beautiful as pure visuals. But with some extra concentration, you're given a whole lot more. At the opening Miek treated us to a tour through the items on the shelves which made the room lit up with smiling faces. The fossils, shark teeth, post cards, archive pictures, maps and drawings came to life. We could understand how and why she's writing a book. I can't wait to read the book. But we have to be patient...